Monday, April 27, 2015

Rapture

Title:Rapture
Author: Lauren Kate
Series: Fallen, Book 4
Number of Pages: 448
Date Read: 4/27/15
Genre: Angels, Demons, Fantasy, Paranormal Romance

Synopsis (Found on Goodreads.com)

The sky is dark with wings . . .

And time is running out for Luce and Daniel.
In order to stop Lucifer from erasing the past, they must find the place where the Fall began. Only Luce can break the curse, and it is her choice alone that will decide all of their fates.
But as Dark Forces gather, great sacrifices will have to be made in this final, epic struggle . . . 

In the fight for Luce, and for Love, who will win?
The astonishing climax to the Fallen series. Heaven can't wait any longer.

My Review:

This book was a nice ending to the Fallen series. 

In this book we finally find out everything there is to know about Luce and the curse.

This book is long and it annoyed me that we had to wait until the very end to finally find out about Luce. Most of the book is Daniel and Luce going to find relics that will lead them to the place of the Fall. The fallen angels split up into teams of 3 to go find all 3 relics, which are in different countries. Of course Luce and Daniel go together. They find their relic pretty easily but the other two teams had trouble with with other all the other bad guys who are after Luce. Then Luce and Daniel come to the rescue and fix everything, finding the relics and saving their friends. I just have to wonder that if Daniel and Luce are saving everyone, what the hell good are the other fallen angels for? The past books showed them all as being very powerful and they got it together but in this book they fall apart. Its like they were just used as props for confrontation to make the book longer and to make Luce seem more important that she really was. It gave Luce something to do other than be a puny human that everyone had to protect. The angels were all protecting Luce throughout the series but now in the last book, Luce is the hero and rescues them? Please. I'm not buying it. 


I do like Daniel and Luce's romance though and their story after we finally hear it. I just felt like there was wayyyyy too much mushy gushy stuff about love. Everything was "their love would last forever", "my love for Daniel is (blank)", "We just want to be able to love each other" and so on. It was like, sheesh give it a rest. How in love they were was crammed down my throat but it was all just words about how they felt. They didn't really show how in love they were until the end, in my opinion. 


Anyway in this book we get to see more of Lucifer and we get to see God. But alas, like all the other books in this series, there was not enough of CAM!!!!!!!!!!!! And please, someone tell me how Luce goes from hating Cam one second to suddenly not being able to bear losing him? Please, Luce you are an idiot. 


Anyway I really did like the book even if it sounds like I didn't. I really liked finding out about Luce's past and when they were actually getting the relics. There is another character who is introduced in this book, who is Dee. I loved her! She was so sweet and very stylish, wearing stiletto heels everywhere, even up a mountain- thats my kinda gal!

The ending was nice but it wasn't what I would of wanted to happen or expected. Its not a bad ending, its good actually, its just not my ideal one that I would of wanted for the characters. But Luce and Daniel's love story does go on and thats very beautiful.


Rating:
 B+  

No comments:

Post a Comment