Friday, January 18, 2013

Tiger's Quest

Title: Tiger's Quest
Author: Colleen Houck
Series: The Tiger's Saga, Book 2
Number of Pages: 479
Date Read: February 27, 2012
Genre: Fantasy, Shapeshifters
Rating: A+

Synopsis (Found on Goodreads.com):

Back in Oregon, Kelsey tries to pick up the pieces of her life and push aside her feelings for Ren. But danger lurks around the corner, forcing her to return to India where she embarks on a second quest--this time with Ren's dark, bad-boy brother Kishan, who has also fallen prey to the Tiger's Curse. Fraught with danger, spellbinding dreams, and choices of the heart, Tiger's Quest brings the trio one step closer to breaking the spell that binds them.

My Review:

*May Contain Spoilers*

This book pissed me off in a good way. It pissed me off in a way where I absolutely had to read the third book as soon as possible. 

I was super pissed at Ren for being the hero type and sacrificing himself to Lokesh so that Kishan and Kelsey could get away from Lokesh's men. But I guess this had to be done so that the readers learn and get familiar about Kishan. Right off the bat I knew the love triangle was gonna start and I was getting pissed because like in the Twilight saga, I had chosen the man who I wanted Kelsey to be with....and it's not Kishan. 

I do have to admit that Kishan is still hot but not as much as Ren. I also have to admit that you can see the kindness and the love that Kishan gets for Kelsey. It causes you to look past his bad boy image and see how caring and sweet he really is. 

I, however did not like how he kept kissing Kelsey while Ren was god knows where and being tortured. 

Again I did enjoy the quest itself and the further information about the Hindu religion. The ending was an infurating suprise. I was like WTF.

Even though this book caused me to be pissed off, its still one of my favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment