Monday, May 18, 2015

Play

Title:  Play
Author: Kylie Scott
Series: Stage Dive, Book 2
Number of Pages: 294
Date Read: 5/18/15
Genre:Romance, Love, Erotic, New Adult, Contemporary

Synopsis (Found on Goodreads.com)

Mal Ericson, drummer for the world famous rock band Stage Dive, needs to clean up his image fastat least for a little while. Having a good girl on his arm should do the job just fine. Mal doesn’t plan on this temporary fix becoming permanent, but he didn’t count on finding the one right girl. Anne Rollins never thought she’d ever meet the rock god who plastered her teenage bedroom wallsespecially not under these circumstances. Anne has money problems. Big ones. But being paid to play the pretend girlfriend to a wild life-of-the-party drummer couldn’t end well. No matter how hot he is. Or could it?

My Review:

This book was awesome. I loved it. Not as much as the first one though but it was still great all the same.

This book is centers on the drummer of the band Stage Dive, Mal Ericson and his romance with Anne Rollins. 


I love Mal. He is hilarious. I loved him from the first book. His personality is just so out there, silly and contagious. He made me laugh. He's always the life of the party and out to have a good time. There is also a sensitive, loving and serious side to Mal even if he doesn't share it often. In the book Mal is going through some rough times and his solution is to have a fake pretend girlfriend. What he doesn't plan on is having the fake girlfriend turn into the real thing. Mal isn't that good with relationships and he messes up with Anne a few times but he really does care for her. He is loyal to her and very protective. He is good looking too but blondes and long hair aren't really my thing. 


I liked Anne too, to an extent. I liked how much of a bookworm she was. She had a crush on Mal since she was a teenager listening to his band so meeting him and actually being in a relationship with him is her dream come true. She is very loving, caring and loyal to Mal. She wants to make him feel better when he's sad/upset. Mal kinda came on strong and invaded her life but Anne just rolled with it. She had a very hard childhood and I admire her stepping up and taking care of her sister, Lizzy and her mom. I didn't really enjoy how clingy she was to Mal, how she behaved towards Ev sometimes (who I love) and how sex starved she was. I mean Ev and David had a lot of sex in the first book but I didn't get the sex starved vibe from Ev. All Anne could think about was sex and how her body reacted to Mal even at the most inopportune times like when she was with his parents. I mean come on, keep that s*** in check and stop acting like a horny teenage. Jeez

I really did like their romance. Mal and Anne's interactions were at times sweet and often hilarious. Mal really is a character and he stole the book. 


I can't wait to read the next book in the series. 

Rating:

A+  

No comments:

Post a Comment