Saturday, January 5, 2013

Unleashed


Title: Unleashed
Author: Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguie
Series: Wolf Spring's Chronicles
Number of Pages: 383
Date Read: July 22, 2012
Genre: Fantasy, Paranormal, PNR, Werewolves
Rating: C+

Synopsis (Found on Goodreads.com):

Katelyn McBride’s life changed in an instant when her mother died. Uprooted from her California home, Katelyn was shipped to the middle of nowhere, Arkansas, to her only living relative, her grandfather. And now she has to start over in Wolf Springs, a tiny village in the Ozark Mountains. Like any small town, Wolf Springs has secrets. But the secrets hidden here are more sinister than Katelyn could ever imagine. It’s a town with a history that reaches back centuries, spans continents, and conceals terrifying truths. And Katelyn McBride is about to change everything.

Broken families, ageless grudges, forced alliances, and love that blooms in the darkest night—welcome to Wolf Springs.

My Review: 

So.. this book took me so long to read. I guess the reason why is because it was really slow in the beginning. Oh and the fact that the main character Kaitlyn annoyed the F*** out of me. 

She was just dumb and really really whinny in the first five chapters. All she did was say things like

"I want to go home"
'I don't want to be here"
"This is only temporary until I can get back to L.A."
"This can't be happening"

She said these things over and over and over throughout the first five chapters. It was soo annoying and too much. Yeah I get it that you want to go home. I don't need to be reminded every other line. And she cried for everything. I was like OMG! Get a GRIP!

I do have to say that the two guys in the book Trick and Justin are hot. Usually in books where there are two guys I usually pick one over the other within a matter of seconds from reading about them. But in this book I like both of them and if I were Kaitlyn I wouldn't know who to pick. I'm leaning more towards Trick but we'll have to see what happens in the second book. And Kaityln is such a bitch to him that I wish he would tell her to F*** off. 

I like Cordelia too. She's a good friend for Kaitlyn and I like how she's a werewolf. 

The plot was goo too. Like I said before it was slow in the beginning but it picked up when Kaitlyn got bit. Then all the werewolf mythology, all the juicy stuff happened and Kaitlyn may not be a werewolf but a whole new kind of monster. I will read the second book to see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment