Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Raised by Wolves


Title: Raised by Wolves
Author: Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Series: Raised by Wolves, Book 1
Number of Pages: 418
Date Read: February 7, 2012 
Genre: Werewolvs, Paranormal, Fantasy, Urban Fantasy
Rating: A+

Synopsis (Found on Goodreads.com):

Adopted by the Alpha of a werewolf pack after a rogue wolf brutally killed her parents right before her eyes, fifteen-year-old Bryn knows only pack life, and the rigid social hierarchy that controls it.  That doesn't mean that she's averse to breaking a rule or two.  

But when her curiosity gets the better of her and she discovers Chase, a new teen locked in a cage in her guardian's basement, and witnesses him turn into a wolf before her eyes, the horrific memories of her parents' murders return. Bryn becomes obsessed with getting her questions answered, and Chase is the only one who can provide the information she needs.

But in her drive to find the truth, will Bryn push too far beyond the constraints of the pack, forcing her to leave behind her friends, her family, and the identity that she's shaped?

My Review:

*May Contain Spoilers*

I really enjoyed this book. It reminded my why I like werewolves. I liked the way that Bryn was a powerful human and became alpha of her whole pack. I really liked the fact that she was not changed into a werewolf and she is the alpha of her pack as a human. I kind of though that the love story between chase and Bryn was a little bit unrealistic. I mean she meets him for the first time and they instantly fall in love or form a bond (whatever that means). I also really liked the charachter of Devon. I liked how he was a purebred werewolf but he didn't let that go to his head. At times throughout the book his comments caused me to laugh out loud. All in all it was a awesome book and I can't wait to read the second book of this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment