Monday, September 30, 2013

Liebster Blog Award



Hello Everyone.
I am Proud to say that I have been nominated and received the Liebster Award. I was nominated by Tanya at “A Book Paradise” blog. I would like to thank her for the nomination and award.





Let me tell you a little more about the Liebster award

The Liebster Award is for bloggers to share love to other bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Those nominated can accept the award to showcase their blog so they can get more followers.


Instructions for nominees who choose to accept the award:

1.     Make a new post for the award (all the things below should be done in the same post)
2.  Then you shout out to who nominated you and link their blog  url in your post.
3.   Then you answer the questions that the person who nominated you asks you.
4.   Then You nominate 10 bloggers for the award, post on their blog that they have been nominated with a link to your Liebster post so they can see the instructions and the questions you ask. You have  to ask 10 questions that your nominees have to answer. The same 10 questions can be ask for all the nominees


Here are the questions that Tanya asked and my answers: 

1.  If you had to be one of your favorite characters for a day who would it be?
I'd be Allie Sekemoto from "The Immortal Rules" by Julie Kagawa. She's kick ass, has an awesome weapon and is a vampire!

2. Is there a book that you thought you would hate but you loved?
The Iron King by Julie Kagawa. I don't know what it is about fairies but I just hate them and I cant read books about them. I don't know why. Usually if I pick up a book and read the synopsis and it saus fairy/fae/faere/faery it goes immidealty back on the shelf. I decided to give Kawaga's series a try because I love her and I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it. I knew if anyone could get me to like fairies it was her. I'm not willing to venture out of her fairy series yet,..

3. What is the next book you will read?
I'm not sure.. either "Solstice" by P.J. Hoover or "Twins" by Marcy Dermansky

4. Who is your all time favorite female and male protagonist?
For female I have to say Allison Sekemoto from "The Immortal Rules" for the reasons stated in question one.  For the male I love love love Varen Nethers from the book "Nevermore" by Kelly Creagh

5. What is your favorite book that you have read this year. 
Wow thats really hard. Its a toss up between "The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins and "The Eternity Cure" by Julie Kagawa

6. Would you like to write a book someday and what would it be about?
I have written a book already but I haven't published it. The writing industry it too cut throat for me. I'm just proud that I actually wrote something. The books is about twin sisters. One was turned into a vampire and the other is human who has visions. The human sister has to try to kill her vampire sister who is hurting people because she's well a vampire. lol. 

7. Who are your least favorite authors or genres. 
I don't have any authors that I really dislike. As for genres I really don't like sci-fi that has to do with aliens, fairies or the fae (see question 2), westerns and erotic romance. I don't really like adut books either. I find them boring unless the synopsis really interest me. 

8. Why do you love blogging?
I love blogging because I love sharing my love of books with people. I love recommending good books and I love writing about books I read. I am truly grateful that people like my reviews and like my opinions. 

9. Do you get into reading slumps? If so how often and do you have any tips on how to get out of them?
I do get into reading slumps maybe a few times a year. When this happens I found that doing other things for a week or so helps. I go on the computer, play video games, watch tv and just do anything I like. Its hard for me to get into reading slumps because I see my boyfriend a lot and don't read when I'm with him, I have to do work at home for my job and I set aside certain times in the week to watch all my t.v. shows I love. Its a delicate balance.

10. What is the largest amount of books you have read in a month and name that month in which you have read that many books
June 2012 I read 17 books. 



Here are my nominees for the Award:

1. I'm loving Books: 
http://imlovingbooks.com/reviews/prodigy-marie-lu.html#


2. The Read-a-holic:
http://theread-a-holic.blogspot.com/


3. I have Lived a Thousand Lives:
http://athousand-lives.blogspot.com/


4. The Grown Up Y.A.
http://thegrownupya.wordpress.com/


5. A Secret Book Affair
http://www.asecretbookaffair.blogspot.com/


6. Eveline's Books:
http://evelinesbooks.blogspot.com/


7. The Book Cafe: 
http://thebookcafeblog.blogspot.com/


8. Big Whale, Small Whale:
http://loulou-thewhaleh.blogspot.com/


9. Listful Booking:
http://listfulbooking.blogspot.com/


10. Book Bunny's Burrow:
http://www.bookbunnys.com/


Questions for the nominees:

1. Who is your favorite author?
2. What is your all time favorite book and why?
3. Which book cover do you think is the most beautiful?
4. If you could be part of any story which book would you pick and what role would you play?
5. Do you prefer standalones or series? Why?
6. What made you decide to start a blog?
7. What is the largest book, with the most pages, you ever read? How many pages was it?
8. What is your favorite childhood book?
9. How long have you been a reader? 
10. What do you use for bookmarks?


That's all for now and thanks again! :D






1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for nominating me :) I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete